Rules & Permitting
The Comfort Lake-Forest Lake Watershed District established a permit program in 2009
to protect the water and natural resources of the watershed.
Due to concerns regarding the spread of COVID-19, the Comfort Lake-Forest Lake Watershed District office will be CLOSED to the public until further notice. For permitting matters, please contact staff via phone or email. Dropoffs can still be made utilizing the mail slot located to the left of our front door.
Trey Jonas, Watershed Technician
When is a CLFLWD permit needed?
- 2.0 Application Checklist
- Stormwater Standards Flowchart
- Maintenance Declaration Template (Private Entities)†
- Maintenance Agreement Template (Public Entities)†
- Stormwater Management Facility Maintenance Schedule Template†
- Schedule D - Stormwater Impact Fund Contribution Schedule
Post-Construction Stormwater BMP Inspection and Maintenance
All stormwater maintenance declarations and agreements require that an annual report be submitted to the District. Use the Inspection Report Templates to records inspections and maintenance activities throughout the year. Then by January 31st of each year, submit to the District a completed Annual Report Form with attached Inspection Reports from the prior year.
Permit required from Wetland Conservation Act (WCA) Local Government Unit (LGU), not from CLFLWD.
Some permits will require a financial assurance in addition to the deposits and application fees. District staff will let you know if your project requires a fianancial assurance and the amount required. The amounts are also available in the District's financial assurance fee schedule (below).
The application deadline is 30 days prior to the monthly board meeting. A complete application must be submitted in order to be considered.
The District has up to 60 days to take action on a submitted permit application that is considered complete.
If you believe that you need to transfer all or part of your permit, please review the materials below and contact District staff for assistance.
- 09-03-01: Stormwater Facilities Fund Policy (2009)
- 11-03-01: Amending Watershed District Rules (2011)
- 18-02-01: Adopting Revised Watershed District Rules (2018)
- 18-06-01: Adopting Permitting Standard Forms and Templates (2018)
† Exhibits to resolution 18-06-01. These standard forms and templates were approved by the CLFLWD Board on June 7, 2018.
- Minnesota Statute 103D
- District Watershed Management Plan
- MN Stormwater Manual - MPCA
- Incorporating Groundwater Protection in Watershed District Rules - EOR
- Chisago County Groundwater Plan (Within the Local Water Management Plan)
- Washington County Groundwater Plan
- Atlas 14 - NOAA
- Minnesota Land Cover Classificiation System - MnDNR
- Chisago County Topographic Survey (Available from County by request)
- Washington County Topographic Suvery (Available from County by request)
- Minnesota Routine Assessment Method (MnRAM) - BWSR
- Natural Communities and Rare Species Map for Washington and Chisago County - MnDNR
- Minnesota Administrative Rule 6120
- Minnesota Administrative Rule 7077
- Clean Water Act (22 U.S.C. 1251 et seq.)
- Protecting Water Quality in Urban Areas - MPCA
- Chisago County Soil Survey
- Washington County Soil Survey
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Wetlands Delineation Manual
- Stormwater and Wetlands Planning and Evaluation Guidelines for Addressing Potential Impacts of Urban Stormwater and Snowmelt Runoff on Wetlands
- NRCS Technical Release #55
- National Soil Survey Handbook
Trey Jonas, Watershed Technician