Rules & Permitting
Notice of Revised Rules
On February 22, 2018 the CLFLWD Board of Managers adopted revisions to the District Rules. The effective date for the amended rules is March 12, 2018. All Rules & Regulatory Material and Permitting Documents below are up to date with the revised rules.
Rules & Regulatory Material
- District Rules
- Resolution Adopting Rules (2011)
- Resolution Adopting Revised Rules (2018)
- Permit Guidance and Information Handbook is meant to assist those who will require a CLFLWD permit, the District has developed a Permit Guidance and Information Handbook. The handbook describes the District's permitting requirements and procedures, and includes forms, checklists, and a copy of the permit application.
- Permit Cheat Sheet - When is a CLFLWD Permit Needed?
- Permit Application Exhibit Checklist
- Permit Application (Printable PDF)
- Notice of Site Inspection Agreement Form
- Request for Variance and Statement of Hardship Form (Word doc)
- Maintenance Agreement Template (Word doc) *for public entities
- Maintenance Declaration Template (Word doc) *for private entities
- Vegetated Buffer Requirements (Word doc)
- Stormwater Management Facility Maintenance Schedule (Word doc)
- Field Inspection, and Financial Assurance Fee Schedules
- Stormwater Impact Fund Fee Schedule
- Resolution Adopting Stormwater Facilities Fund Policy
- Financial Assurance Documents
- Residential Subdivision Lot Permit Transfer Form
Maintenance Reporting Documents
- Annual Maintenance Report Form
- Inspection Report Templates
Other Materials of Assistance
- Minnesota Stormwater Manual
- Minnesota Urban Small Sites BMP Manual
- BMP Assessment Manual
- Hydrologic Bioretention Performance and Design Criteria for Cold Climates
- Methods for Restoring Soil Permeability
- Steps for Creating a Basic Erosion Control Plan
- Active Site Inspection Report Template
- 2018 Permit Application and Exhibits Deadline Schedule
If you have questions or need further information please contact CLFLWD Permitting Coordinator, Erin Edison at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.395.5859.
The Comfort Lake - Forest Lake Watershed District (CLFLWD) Board of Managers adopted new Rules on Thursday, December 18, 2008 at the monthly Board meeting. The adoption of the new rules follows a year-and-a-half of planning and rulemaking that included seven joint meetings with the District's Technical Advisory Committee (with representatives from State agencies, Chisago and Washington counties, Metropolitan Council, and the Cities of Chisago City, Forest Lake, Scandia, Wyoming and the recently annexed Wyoming Township) and Citizen Advisory Committee.
The District will implement its rules in part through a permitting program for new and re-development. The new rules clarify the requirements of the District's permit program regarding stormwater management, erosion control, buffers, shoreline and streambank alteration, stream and lake crossings, and floodplain alterations. The rules also include procedural requirement and include regulations on exceptions and variance.
Also included in the District's new regulatory and permitting program is the establishment of a permit fee and field inspection fee deposit schedule. The intent of the fee requirement is to reimburse the District's administrative, inspection, and enforcement expenses as provided for by Minnesota Statutes (Minn. Stat. 103D.345, subd. 2).
Pursuant to the Board's action, the rules are effective as of February 1, 2009, and apply to any activity subject to the rules occurring on or after February 1, 2009, unless before that date the activity received:
- final written comments from the District in its development review capacity as exercised before adoption of these rules;
- preliminary plat approval from the local land use authority; or
- if not subject to plat approval, all local grading, building and other land alteration permits required for the activity
Other Regulatory Information
- MN Department of Natural Resources Model Shoreland Management Ordinance